English: Peresopnytsia Gospels. 1556-1561. Miniature of Saint Matthew. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
In the New Testament,there is the term “earmark”. The noun “destiny” is not used. Everything happens as if the matter was only a work of God, not human understanding.
Romans 8, 29.30
29 For whom he foreknew, he also predestinated to be made conformable to the image of his Son: that he might be the Firstborn amongst many brethren. 30 And whom he predestinated, them he also called. And whom he called, them he also justified. And whom he justified, them he also glorified.
1 Corinthians 2, 7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, a wisdom which is hidden, which God ordained before the world, unto our glory: (8)
Ephesians 1, 5.11
5 Who has predestinated us unto the adoption of children through Jesus Christ unto himself: according to the purpose of his will: (6)
11 In whom we also are called by lot, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will.
Acts 4, 28
28 to do what your hand and your counsel decreed to be done.
- Just “because…” (pastor-george.com)
- More on Predestination (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)
- The best answer I’ve ever heard to the old question “What is My Destiny?” (fruitofgratitude.com)
- Is That Jesus? (lacykitkat.wordpress.com)
- He Did It Anyway (walklikeenoch.com)
- The Christian Life and Perseverance (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- A contentious subject and many viewpoints (supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.com)